Tuesday, November 24, 2009

falling behind! 15 nov trip


Ok so, I'm a little behind with the blogging so here is a concise account of the trip I took two Sundays ago for a little birding. I started at Wooster Pond where the high light was a few Green-winged Teal.

Then I headed over to Short Beach and took a walk over to Stratford Point. It was an interesting morning after the remnants of the hurricane had blown through.

Here's what I found:
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Black-bellied Plover
Northern Mockingbird
House Sparrow
House Finch
American Tree Sparrow (first of the season!)
Double-crested Cormorant
Red-breasted Merganser
Surf Scoter
White-winged Scoter
Common Eider- about 100 yards from shore, i could see her meals!
American Kestrel (male)
Song Sparrows

Then I headed over to Long Beach for a really quick walk. There were the usual gulls and a couple of hundred shore birds congregating on the rocks. Light was horrible and fisherman were making then nervous so all I could really see were Sanderlings. I really wish I could have gotten a better look. At least it was a nice day and it was great being outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment