Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh Spring

Ok, It's officially spring and I decided to do some blog spring cleaning.  No I'm not removing any old post rather trying to freshen up the look a little bit.  I will undoubtedly be playing around a bit so stay with me while I clean things up!

I just wanted to post a quick note that some of my winter species that were here even last week have finally moved on.  I had an American Tree Sparrow that had been hanging out all winter and it hasn't been around in a week!  Also, All of my Juncos and White-throated Sparrows seem to have gone north.

American Tree Sparrow
I can't be too sad though as I've heard song sparrows singing every morning.  A group of Common Grackles, Red-winged Blackbirds, and Brown-headed Cowbirds were in the neighborhood when I got home today and they seemed to enjoy my feeder.  A pair of White-breasted Nuthatches have been munching away on the sunflower, a Downy Woodpecker was drumming on a dead branch, and a group of House Finch have been using my window feeder!
House Finch on window feeder

No comments:

Post a Comment