Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Little Movement

A little cheating post here since I don't have time or inclination to go find any pictures...  Ok maybe I'll put one in.  Anyway, I promise I'll get a few pics up from my trip although over all it was pretty unbirdy.  BUT it's the start of Hawk Watch season here in CT and I am super excited.  I went out to my secret lunch spot today, binoculars at the ready, and had our first nice little push of raptors.  In about 10 minutes there were around 3 Red-tailed Hawks (besides our 2 resident birds also out), at least 1 Red-shouldered Hawk, 3 Osprey, and 1 Sharp-shinned Hawk.  It got pretty quiet after that, more Red-tailed action but probably just our local two. 

Speaking of our local birds.... they could use a good molt.  Both birds are missing numerous feathers and look pretty ratty. 

Here's an old picture of an Osprey.

No comments:

Post a Comment