Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Practice and a Lifer

Anytime you have an afternoon off is a great time to get some things done that you've been putting on the back burner. For me that's almost how birding has been. It's something I have always had an interest in, I just have put spending time doing it for other activities. Now as I begin to relearn and expand my bird identification skills, I'm taking every opportunity to do it. So, with the afternoon off what better thing to do than go find some birds.

Well starting with a quick walk around lunchtime at work, Sue and I came up with about 10 species, (I'll have to check her blog). Then I headed over to Hammonasset to see the Hudsonian Godwit that has been around for a couple of days. After that I had stumbled across some people watching a Redtailed Hawk feasting on a Herring Gull. While trying to verify that I was looking at a Merlin in the distance, a different one flew right over my car at only around 20 feet up.



Then I made a quick stop at Boothe Park in Stratford and made a quick walk around: Bluejay, Tufted Titmouse, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Song Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, House Sparrow, and American Robin. Maybe not an exceptional list but still some good practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment