Monday, October 19, 2009

Sundays additions

Sunday was cold and rainy and I admit that I didn't go outside. I was planning on spending the morning looking for sparrows at a workshop but the rain cancelled those plans. But Sunday's weather couldn't keep the birds quiet and the yard species list grew.

American Robins, European Starlings and Northern Flickers finally decided the fruits on the dogwood in the front yard were ready to eat.

At the feeder were the usual suspects, House Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Rufous-sided Towhee, and Bluejays.

Flyovers included Ring-billed gulls and American Crow.

Since the feeders have gone up I haven't seen any Monk Parakeets. Hopefully they will stay scarce this winter.

I wasn't here during the daylight today so, no birds at home, only at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment