Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Quick Long Beach Stop

I stopped at Long Beach in Stratford on my way home last night. I must admit it was pretty quiet but nice! The water was pretty calm and only a few people were parked by the time I got there. One Ring-billed Gull was feeding by a jetty, with a Double-crested Cormorant not too far away taking a few dives. On the marsh side was about 20 Brant in two groups swimming 'upstream'. Dusk fell pretty hard and so I decided to head out and a woman was feeding another group of gulls on the way out, all ring-billed.

Luckily I had a chance to drive out to the West Haven shore at lunch with a co-worker and we got a great little group of birds. The standouts were the Peregrine Falcon that flew over and a group on 3 American Oystercatchers out on the mud flats.

I'm glad I got to do a little extra time outside because with the continued rain today and volleyball planned the next few nights, it will be Saturday before I have a chance to get out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment