Monday, March 1, 2010

Fading light on the way from the airport

The plane touched down a little before 6pm and I had my eyes out the windows as soon as I felt the ground. Taxiing from the runway the only thing easily ID'ed were the Common Grackles. The quick drive from the airport to where I am staying pulled up more. Once again without binoculars but there were an abundance of swallows everywhere getting a last meal before settling in for the night. Great Egrets flying overhead. White Ibis and Black Vultures seen flying along the road. 2 Red-shouldered Hawk hanging out by the road in the airport. Boat-tailed Grackle, Woodstork, Mallard Ducks, and domestic Muscovy Ducks were also seen around small ponds along the way. A number of other Egrets/ Herons flew by but not enough light to ID. Can't wait for tomorrow and more than 15 minutes to bird. Of course I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Painted Buntings will be at the feeder tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment